PERFECT DRESS FOR A WEDDING GUEST
Say yes to these wedding-guest dresses!
Discover wedding outfits for women with our edit of dresses for weddings. RSVP yes to Sandhya Garg’s bespoke fitted numbers, or opt for a vintage-inspired printed elegant dresses for wedding guests. Sandhya Garg has a wide selection of styles to choose from, including floral maxi dresses and floaty chiffon dresses in all-over floral prints, we are your go-to's for exclusive designs.
For winter wedding-guest dresses, set your color filters to gold, silver and navy.
Wedding season approaches, and we have a gorgeous selection of wedding-guest dresses so chic, you'll almost (but not quite) outshine the bride. We've got breezy frocks in pastel and earthy hues perfect for beach weddings and other destination nuptials, along with reception-ready cocktail dresses in bold red or classic black—ideal for more formal events. Whether you're the mother of the bride, her sister or her bestie, we have a style and a silhouette to suit. Shop now, and forever love your piece. (And don't forget to find the perfect pair of sandals or statement earrings to complete your look.)
DRESSES FOR WEDDINGS
Wedding Guest Dresses
Searching for the perfect dress for a wedding this season? Look no further doll because here at PrettyLittleThing US we’ve got you covered with so many dresses to wear to a wedding. Dress to impress and be a wedding guest to remember with our extensive range of wedding guest dresses and weddings outfits, from floaty and feminine silhouettes to sleek figure-hugging fits that will show off your figure in the most amazing ways. Dresses for wedding guests can sometimes be a difficult choice but Add to the drama in a floor-sweeping wedding reception dress that is sure to turn heads or get in bloom and opt for one of our floral summer wedding guest dresses that you can’t go wrong with. So, whatever look you’re going for doll, you’re sure to find your dream wedding party dresses right here.
Wedding Guest Dresses Appropriate for Any Ceremony
When you're invited to a wedding, the first thing you might do is get excited about the big day, but the second thing you'll probably do is wonder: What are you going to wear? Thankfully, Lulus is here to come to the rescue with plenty of wedding guest dresses that strike just the right balance between standing out and not upstaging the bride.
Whatever your role, be it family or friend of the happy couple, you can be sure that you'll step out in the latest style in one of our formal wedding guest dresses. Maybe an elegant floor-length gown would be appropriate for the occasion. Or maybe it's a less formal, daytime wedding and you're thinking of rocking a mini dress instead. We've got virtually every style option imaginable to fit any personality and occasion. You're sure to appreciate our affordable prices, too.
Best Dresses to Wear to a Wedding as a Guest
Every wedding is a unique celebration, so as you consider your options for wedding guest dresses, it's helpful to think about the details of the wedding you're attending.
- An outdoor wedding will have a distinctly different vibe than a formal church wedding, so dress accordingly. For outdoor celebrations, try a wrap dress in a pretty floral print.
- When the bride and groom will be meeting in a house of worship, you'd be better off choosing a maxi dress or a lace dress to help them celebrate. Keep in mind any religious edicts about modesty: This probably isn't the place for a strapless dress or one with a plunging neckline.
- If you're not sure which way to go, it's always best to ask the bride or another close family member for recommendations. Some weddings even have strict dress codes, especially when the reception will be held in an upscale venue. Check the invitation for a note about whether the wedding will be a black-tie affair.
Choosing Colors for Dresses for Wedding Guests
Dress color is another important consideration not to be ignored. The season of the event will be a major factor in your dress color choice, but there are also a few etiquette considerations to keep in mind.
- Autumn and winter weddings are the ideal time to choose deep colors such as burgundy, navy, and forest green.
- When nuptials take place in the spring and summer, you're free to lighten things up: Try dresses in fresh hues such as blush pink, light gray, and pale yellow.
- Look at the invitation's color scheme to get an idea of what color(s) the bridesmaids will be wearing. When you're choosing dresses to wear to a wedding as a guest, you don't want to match the bridesmaids' dresses.
- Although the old rule of never wearing black to a wedding has been relaxed in today's fashion climate, it's still a major faux pas to choose a dress in anything close to white, ivory, or cream: Those colors are reserved for the bride.
What should I wear to a wedding as a guest?
As a very general rule, women wear dresses and men should wear a suit. Your suit should not be black, and your dress should not be white. However, as soon as you add in dress code requirements like "black tie optional," or "cocktail attire," you have a much more specific look to achieve.
- Never wear…
- White. White is still the main color you can't wear to a wedding. ...
- Ivory. ...
- Think twice before wearing…
- Champagne or Gold. ...
- Super-Light Pastels. ...
- Too-Sparkly Metallics. ...
- Bridesmaid Dress Color
What do you wear to a beach wedding as a guest?A simple sundress for women fits the occasion, and khaki or linen shorts and shirt for men are appropriate. Casual beach weddings are usually held during the day, and wearing flip-flops or even going barefoot is acceptable.
Accessories to Accent Your Style
Once you've chosen one of our formal or cocktail dresses for wedding guests, don't forget to add a few accessories to finish the effect.
- An elegant clutch or handbag will keep it classy but still give you somewhere to put your keys.
- A pair of cute, strappy heels are sure to look great, but you might want to bring a pair of flats, too, if you're planning to dance the night away. Staggering to your car at the end of the night, shoes in hand, is never flattering!
- Don't forget a little bling! Just a little, though; keep it tasteful.