WHAT TO WEAR AT A SPRING WEDDING:
20 Flawless Spring Wedding Dresses
But before we share our shoppable list of wedding guest dresses for spring (and a few chic alternatives), here are answers to a few etiquette questions and some quick tips on what to wear to a spring wedding. Here is a list of wedding guest dress codes that have been explained with examples for you to look fabulous at the next event, dress up and have fun and don't forget to take pictures while you are at it!
Is there a certain color palette you must stick to?
As a Fashion designer and style expert, I would say you should go for what looks best on your skin tone and makes you feel looks good and beautiful. Often fashion trends are misinterpreted as a rule book for all, whereas what they really are, are just a guideline to latest fashion tips and everyone should interpret it as per their own liking. That being said, pastel shades and floral prints will always make us think of spring summer romanticism , and when choosing what to wear to a spring wedding, you can't go wrong with either. But don't be afraid to think outside the box. Jewel tones, Bohemian maxi dresses, classic LBDs and slightly thicker materials are just as appropriate in the form of spring wedding guest dresses.
What is the best color to wear to a spring wedding?
So what are we saying? The world of wedding guest attire is your oyster. Just keep your wedding guest dresses for spring an appropriate length—fingertip-length at the shortest—and skip the white (unless the couple asks otherwise), and you'll be ready to celebrate.
Plus-size fashion is undergoing a revitalization (finally!), which means all of the wedding guest dresses for spring you see here are available in plus-size, too. For more gorgeous inspiration, check out these spring wedding guest dresses.
What to wear to a cold spring wedding?
While spring is gorgeous, it's a gamble weather-wise. There are, of course, the famous April showers, and temperatures are often stuck in the 60s—comfortable, but not exactly beach wedding attire weather. So how does a wedding guest stay warm during a spring wedding? By following our four tips on what to wear to a spring wedding:
- Pack a shawl. You might be dying to wear your favorite summer cocktail dress, and that's fine. Just accessorize it with a warm shawl that you can drape around your shoulders, especially if any part of the wedding is outside.
- Cotton jackets are cool, too. Just look at how they do it in the UK. Almost any woman attending a wedding finishes her ensemble with a chic coatdress—a topper that compliments the dress underneath so well, you never have to take it off.
- Pump it up. Yes, spring sandals are adorable, but they won't keep your toes warm at a chilly garden wedding. Instead, stick to a pump that covers most of your foot. Odds are, they'll also be easier to dance in, and if those spring showers roll through, you'll be set on that front, too. (Peep-toes and slingbacks also work here.)
- Rock those sleeves. As you may recall, Kate Middleton got married in April, and do you remember what her Alexander McQueen dress featured? Sleeves. Unlined lace sleeves like the duchess' will add a touch of warmth to your ensemble without overheating you. Plus, they're the epitome of elegance.
- Your wedding invitation says dress "Casual" wedding guest attire
Casual Spring Wedding Guest Dresses are for Garden parties, rustic barn weddings and even smaller, more intimate evening weddings can all come with a slightly more casual feel—and dress code. Not sure how fancy your spring wedding is? Check out the invitation. Consider the location and the couple when thinking about what would be most appropriate for their special day.As we all may know "Casual" environment is very informal. For both men and women, casual attire refers to clothing that is comfortable and appropriate to the setting and the occasion. For a beach party or backyard barbecue jeans, shorts and t-shirts are fine, but for an afternoon wedding you would still be better served with something more "dressy".
- Your wedding invitation says "Informal" wedding guest dresscode
She should wear- A beautiful summer dress in bright, or pastel colors, or prints would make a big statement. You can always accessories your dress with a small bag, or sunglasses, or raffia hat or just add some fresh flowers in you hair.
- If the wedding invitation says "Beach Formal" wedding guest style
- If your wedding invitation says "Semiformal" or "Dressy Casual" or "Beach Dressy" wedding guest attire
- Your wedding invitation says "Cocktail Attire" for wedding guests
He should wear- A suit and tie, or coat and tie. Colors and fabrics may vary with the season or with the location of the event. (A cocktail party at a friend's place would be a little less dressy than one held in a nice hotel.) Shades of blue and brown are great for summer season.
What to Wear to a Spring Evening Wedding?
Ladies, it's time to get dressed up. Like every season, more often than not, an evening wedding is a black-tie affair, which means bringing out your formal best. Long dresses, embellished cocktail dresses and even formal jumpsuits are welcome here. Just add high heels and statement jewels—a colorful necklace or a pair of chandelier earrings—and you'll be ready to step out in style.
- Your wedding invitation says "Creative Black Tie" for guests of wedding
She should wear- For women, there is generally no difference in the creative black tie and other black tie variants, though it does allow for more daring and exotic styles of dresses. I would recommend having fun with color or print in a super formal setting. A long bold color maxi dress or a statement print will do the trick.
- Your wedding invitation says "Formal Attire" or "Black tie optional" for dress code for wedding guests
- Your wedding invitation says "White Tie" for Dress code for Guest of wedding
This is the most formal of all wedding dress codes (think state dinners and the Oscars).
He should wear: A long black jacket with tails, a white pique vest and a bow tie. Formal black shoes and even white gloves are appropriate.
She should wear: A formal, full-length ball gown. Glamorous makeup and dramatic jewelry and hair are appropriate.
We will love to answer any questions or help you get the ultimate perfect wedding guest dress, write to us on Labelsandhyagarg(at)Gmail.com
Sandhya Garg is a Project Runway designer. She studied and specialized in women's fashion at London College of Fashion, UK and has worked at Alexander McQueen, Gucci, Liberty London, Alice Temperley to name a few. She has her own successful resort dresses, special occasion dresses, wedding guest looks, swim coverups label. While on Project Runway Season 13, she won 2 challenges and was fortunate to show her collection at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. The brand has been featured in Marie Claire US, Ftv.com, Elle Magazine, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Vogue Italy to name a few.
She designs limited edition high end printed spring dresses and swim coverups. Beautiful prints are inspired from around the world to be worn during travel, resort stay or cruise holidays.