5 must haves for fall resort and beach vacations
5 must haves for fall/winter resort and beach vacations
Winter weather and snow is beautiful but after a few days I miss the sunny skies, the beautiful turquoise blue water and warm sand. Like me I know many who love to go for a nice sunny vacation during brutal winter weather. Having a stellar wardrobe during these vacations helps me make amazing memories for a lifetime. So many times I have looked back at my vacation photos and wondered how a dress made or did not make my day.
You see, to me clothing is so much more than just wearing a beautiful dress. It is first and foremost about how a dress makes me feel.
- Was the dress easy to wear?
- Did it need ironing or a lot of care?
- Did it make me look good?
- Was it activity friendly?
- Was the look multi-use? Could I wear it to my adventure and dinner both?
Here are 5 must haves for this winter vacation that might help you answer the above questions-
- Pants and T shirt/top for adventures
- Whether I go for hike or to an amusement park I need a good pair of trousers that look stylish yet are comfortable. One of my favorite look is wearing a nice printed trousers with a solid t-shirt. Try the look below with a solid black or white T-shirt or a button down shirt or grab your favorite pair of trousers from your closet (of your favorite brand) and add a solid T-shirt to create your own style you can even add a belt bag for extra style and utility.
Dinner date look
- Photographed here is the wonderful stylist TARA WEST in our Shaam dress. Dinner date looks can be tricky, you don't want to under or over dress yet look effortlessly put together. For these special dates I recommend wearing something that makes you feel comfortable and beautiful at the same time. A structured thick fabric can be comfy and hold you in the right places. My favorites these days are dresses with statement sleeves. They create enough intrigue yet don't look too loud. Try your own version and enjoy the night.
- Casino good luck charm
- Well a glamorous dress is what you need for a casino night. With all the light, razzle and dazzle go for some fringe and sequins and fun! Try our Tina dress and all the good luck it comes with. It even has faux coins embroidered in the neckline for fun. Or just try your own version of glam-fun good luck dress. Go for a deep jewel tone color to add allure.
- Coverup for the water park at the resort
- Water park dress code includes a swimsuit and a coverup to wear on top of your bathing suit when you are not in water. I have seen plenty of boring coverups that get the job done. But the few times when I do see some women wearing pretty unique coverups I have to notice how classy they are. Well here is my own version of a classy, comfy, colorful, fun coverup that soaks water and dries fast while being cotton silk and easy to care for.
- You can get your coverup from your favorite brands, some of my tips would be- go for a nice bright color, make sure its natural and light weight for easy travel and its east to wear when you are wet and sticky.
- Dress for party night out
- Sequins and glitter are a cliche for a party dress. But how about a heirloom hand embroidered dress that you can pass on. That being said nothing says party more then when your dress can reflect all the beautiful light and make you shine in the crowd. Invest in a gorgeous beaded piece with glass beads not the cheap plastic ones. These dresses can really make you the life of the party!
Fall fashion advice,
What to wear at resort holidays