Beach and resort vacation suitcase essentials
A step by step guide to pack for your vacation.
Whether you’re a fashionista or a no-frills traveler, our packing list is made for you to customize to fit your own personal style.
This isn’t your average packing list! The clothing shown has been carefully selected and offers you colors, fabrics, and functionality that will help make planning your travel wardrobe a breeze.
By including a combination of well-known travel brands along with your favorite retailers, you’ll find that you really can find a happy balance between travel and fashion!
STEP 1: SELECT THE RIGHT TRAVEL BAG FOR YOUR TRIP
Before you even begin deciding what to pack, it’s important to find a travel bag that's as versatile as you need it to be, while also fitting all your stuff and being easy to carry. Wherever you're planning to go, pick luggage that is versatile, lightweight, and big enough to hold all your travel essentials.
Travel Tip : Picking the right travel luggage is an important step not only on this trip, but all of your future trips as well.
STEP 2: START WITH THIS CLOTHING PACKING LIST
● Lightweight clothing that can be layered
● Long-sleeved shirts
● Sweaters or fleece jacket
● T-shirts and tank tops (be respectful of the culture you are visiting)
● Pants and/or shorts
● Belt, you can also get a belt bag if you want to keep your money in it.
● Comfortable walking shoes
● Rain jacket, windbreaker or umbrella
● Sunglasses and glasses case
● Dresses and/or skirts
● Jewelry (organized according to outfits)
● Hat or sun visor
● Scarf or bandana
● Swimsuit or swim trunks
● Cell phone and charger
● Travel speakers
● Travel pillow, eye mask, and ear plugs
● Electric converters and adapters
● Travel apps that will help with language, directions, money conversion, and digital journaling
STEP 3: PACK YOUR TOILETRY BAG
- Toothbrush, floss, mouthwash and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner and body wash or small soap
- Body lotion, face cream (travel size everything)
- Face towel if needed
- Hair brush or comb, hair ties, barrettes/bobby pins
- Sunscreen and face lotion with SPF
- Make up
- Face wash and/or makeup remover wipes and Q-tips
- Night time moisturizer/lotion
- Lip balm with SPF and lipstick or lip gloss
- Personal hygiene items
- Feminine hygiene products
- Extra contacts, solution, and contact case
- Glasses and prescription sunglasses
- Prescription medication with the label/script so that you can refill if needed and not be questioned by TSA.
TOILETRY BAG EXTRAS
- Personal mini mirror
- Hair products like hairspray, hair gel, and beard oil
- Shaving kit and extra razors
- Sewing kit/clothing care kit, stain remover
- Facial tissues and/or toilet paper
- Travel Towel
- Nail clippers and tweezers (optionally, scissors, which must be in checked luggage)
- First aid kit (bandages, gauze, adhesives, etc.)
- Personal prescriptions (copies of scripts)
- Pain and fever relievers (also children’s strength if you are traveling with kids)
- Cold medicines and throat lozenges
- Diarrhea/laxative medicines
- Oral rehydration salts
- Allergy medicines
- Hydrocortisone cream/antibacterial ointment
- Sunburn relief
- Insect repellent/mosquito net/sting reliever
- Motion sickness pills or bands
- Altitude sickness pills (if you are planning to hike in higher altitudes)
- Eye drops
- Medicines and vaccinations specific to the region/activity
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes
- Prescriptions in original packaging
- Sleeping medicines
- Glasses and glasses case
- Phone Camera
Cell phone and charger
- Travel speakers
- Under water phone sleeve for underwater photos
- Polaroid camera or a fancy DSLR if you like one of those
- Sunscreen 40+SPF
- Sunglasses and sun hat (whichever one you like)
- Light big square scarf to cover your face or also act as a sarong when needed.
- Deflated pool toys and tubes (a lot of resorts will inflate them for you) to laze around the resort pool.
- 1 swimsuit for every 2 days you plan to spend at the resort. That ways if you are going for example for 4 days and have 2 swim suits you have enough time for each of them to dry before you wear them
- 2 swim coverups that are casual light weight dresses that dry quick on getting wet, in them you can eat lunch without changing for a meal.
- 2 pairs of shorts/pants and T-shirts for everyday casual needs.
- 2 Casual dresses or skirt tops combo
- 1 set of lingerie for each day plus 3 extra sets for emergencies
- 2 pair of night suits/night dresses or long Ts whatever you like.
- A formal dress for every evening celebration and a formal dinner (Less number of dresses if you don't mind repeating).
- A nice pair of black or nude heels that will go with most of your dinner dresses.
- A pair of beach flip flops, flat sandals and comfy sneakers for exploring the resort.
- 1 small bag (Can be sling bag or belt bag), 1 big tote bag for everything, 1 Plastic reusable bag for wet costumes
- 1 beach towel and/or beach blanket
- Pack everything in zippy bags and carry extra zippy bags for use at the resort and one big bag for laundry.
DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE LIST HERE
She designs limited edition high end printed spring dresses, casual resort attire, wearable art clothing, and swim coverups. Beautiful prints are inspired from around the world to be worn during travel, resort stay or cruise holidays.