BOHEMIAN WEDDINGS GUEST ATTIRE
What is a Bohemian Wedding?
What is boho style clothing or bohemian chic dresses?
What is a boho wedding dress?
What to Wear to a Boho Wedding as a guest?
Boho themed weddings call for beautiful bohemian dress codes for wedding guests. Imagine that you've just got an invitation to attend the wedding of someone you know. You're excited and so happy for the soon to be wed couple. Then you notice the invitation says the wedding is bohemian themed. In your head, you're asking "what is that?" Out loud, you're wondering what to wear and how to carry yourself at a "boho chic affair" If you've never been to a bohemian themed party, you may have no idea what to expect, even if you know the bride or groom well enough to guess their personality. The Bohemian style clothing dress code might throw you for a bit of whirl!
Bohemian Dress Attire
Bohemian dress formal or boho casual?
The idea behind a bohemian styled wedding is trading the typical "formal" wear for a more casual, dreamy and laid back look. This doesn't mean sweat pants or jeans and a t-shirt. The bohemian attitude is a care-free, free spirited attitude. Individuals looking to celebrate are dressed well, with a mystical air to the bohemian attire. The focus is on what everyone is feeling. It's common to see bright colors, bold patterns as a means of demonstrating the celebration. While the bride may still choose to wear a flowing white gown, she may trade it for neutral colors and something more simplistic.
Boho chic wedding season has arrived!
Mostly Bohemian weddings dominate the spring. Bohemian weddings are sure to kick off the season in style. Glorious whimsical themed affairs, bunch of flowers, macrame curtains, vintage leather chairs, Persian rugs, dreamy setting, laid-back gatherings and dancing till dawn are all part of a Boho wedding style decor, but what do you wear? How do you make sure you have enough hippy dippy style but maintain a classy wedding guest outfit?
Well don't fear we are here to help you with this fun task. Our first advice is that most bohemian themed weddings are rather care free and informal, unless strictly stated on the wedding invite.
Looking good adds to feeling good so we know you will be thinking about what to wear to a boho chic affair. Flowy fabrics and unstructured dresses are what the boho feel is all about, and you can opt for anything from mini dresses through to full-length outfits. It's all about feeling comfortable and wearing something that makes you feel great, as you celebrate on this happy occasion.
You can go completely all-in with the Boho theme and really dress for the occasion. Firstly, just be sure that the Wedding has the heavy bohemian vibes you are imagining. A knee length printed dress with intricate earrings and tons of bracelets is an awesome look for these types of parties. Just add green eyeliner and sassy heels. Have fun with your outfit and enjoy being at a different kind of ceremony.
- You could wear something that alludes to the bohemian theme but stick with your more traditional wedding guest outfit for the season.
- Opt for a dress with a boho-esk feel to it. Of course, you cannot go wrong with anything floral.
- A gorgeous dress that has been embellished with embroidery are also awesome for a Boho gathering.
- Wide legged palazzo pants are always a winner with the boho style, then pair with a typical boho patterned blouse and creative make-up, big brown sun-glasses to look fabulously free-spirited.
- Finally, you could grab your favorite go-to wedding outfit and really add the bohemian touch via the accessories you wear with it.
We have picked up all our favorite stunning Boho Wedding guest outfits and added them below.
We hope our boho luxe dresses give you outfit inspiration.
The bohemian attire is often simplistic in design, while being rich in color. Everything worn is breathable and comfortable, reflecting a relaxed demeanor for the event. You're likely going to want to wear this attire over and over again throughout the summer because of how care-free it makes you feel. If you've got nothing in your wardrobe that fits the description, it's time to get shopping for something boho luxe adorable.
Before you head out shopping, take a look at some of these designs to get you in the right direction!
Free-flowing attire is ideal, and the color selections are great as well. The mother of the bride (or groom) may choose neutral or dark colors, depending on the atmosphere.
The patterns on most dresses is bound to be different, creating a beautiful contrast between the guests. Open long hair with subtle eye make-up is the way to complete your bohemian wedding guest look.
This dress demonstrates the idea of a short bohemian dress. This is great for the attendees who wish to wear something that doesn't hang too low. It's perfect for dancing, and getting a nice breeze.
At the same time, isn't a distraction from the beauty of the bride.
Bohemian Bridesmaid Dresses
Bohemian Wedding Guest Attire for Men
- Linen suit or a pale colored linen trousers with a paisley shirt and bowtie could look great.
- If a patterned shirt is not your style, for a simpler look wear a pair of dark colored trousers with a checkered shirt and a casual jacket to look dashing.
- The traditional attire includes patterns, neutral colors and maybe, suspenders! Yes, the leather suspenders can be pulled out and considered a "great look" for every bohemian styled wedding.
- A great way to attend any bohemian wedding is by syncing your attire with that of your date. Together, you can create a contrast of colors.
What to wear at a Beach Boho wedding?
- First and foremost, Consider the Bohemian wedding dress code as listed on the invitation.
- Other factors to consider would include the time of the wedding, whether it is a daytime wedding or an evening bohemian wedding affair.
- Take into consideration the weather, If it is a Spring/ Summer Bohemian wedding event or a Fall boho wedding at a beach resort.
- Pick loose beach bohemian dresses like a blush pink linen dress with sleeves and embroidery or a cotton maxi dress with loose curls and natural makeup for a summer beach wedding event.
- Choose a patterned floral dress with lace details for an evening or fall beach wedding with bohemian theme dress code.
What to wear at a Rustic Bohemian themed Wedding?
What to wear at a Bohemian themed Destination Wedding?
Bohemian Theme Wedding Decor Ideas
She designs limited edition high end printed spring dresses, casual resort attire and swim coverups. Beautiful prints are inspired from around the world to be worn during travel, resort stay or cruise holidays.