Is your close friend's upcoming wedding invite giving you nightmares? Weird or quirky dress codes many a times leave wedding guests scratching their head.
There has been a significant rise of quirky wedding dress codes. Non-traditional dress codes have become the latest trend for new age couples. The trend started with destination weddings, with couples wanting to further capture the sense of the location or create an overall color palette that would look striking in pictures.
Many couples want to be different and want their event to stand out. This is the reason why wedding dress codes are becoming increasingly creative, theme-specific and often leaving guests with a sartorial conundrum of trying to decipher exactly what to wear.
Be curious no more, we have researched and explained (With photos and recommendations) some of the latest experimental wedding dress code jargon just for you-
- He should wear: A summer suit with a shirt and formal shoes. Most gentlemen will be wearing ties. Sunglasses are a must.
- She should wear: A formal summer dress at tea, knee, or floor length. Makeup and hair can be natural. Many ladies will be dressed in flowing flower or print dresses with their hair down and loose. Sunglasses and a light sweater or wrap are a must.
- She should wear- "Sundresses, cute summer bright print dresses, same color or pattern sets" .
- He should wear- summer suits, bowties, and stylish sneakers are all welcome.
- She should wear- Long max dresses, long flared dress, big sleeve or embroidery dresses.
- He should wear- velvet suit jacket, or printed brocade tie or bow tie will add drama to a regular black suit and complete the look. Interesting shoes in terms of shape or texture will also look cool.
- She should wear- Check or stripes dress in earthy tones or floral embroidered dresses or separates.
- He should wear- Check shirt with a summer suit can look great on this occasion.
- She should wear- A formal summer sundress in citrus colors or print at tea or knee length with flat sandals. Makeup and hair can be natural or curls may also look great with some flowers.
- He should wear- A summer suit with a linen shirt (no ties required), linen pants (or khakis) and sandals.
- She should wear- A dressy dress, cocktail dress, full length dress, anything that says you made an extra effort to dress up. Hair and make up should be event appropriate and heels are a must.
- He should wear- A formal suit, or a formal dinner jacket will look great. Bow tie, tie can be optional.
- She should wear- A short glitter dressy dress, fringed dresses with a flapper headband and matching heels. Straight pinned hair will also look good.
- He should wear- A formal double breasted suit with a pocket square.
- She should wear- A beautiful printed dress in colors you love, combine it with a gorgeous cane bag, kitten heels of gladiators and big loose curls.
- He should wear- A linen suit in pastel color or a gorg jacket with jeans.
She designs limited edition high end printed spring dresses and swim coverups. Beautiful prints are inspired from around the world to be worn during travel, resort stay or cruise holidays.