There is something incredibly romantic about traveling the world and thanks to airplanes this fantasy has become a reality. We all make memories everyday and with latest technology phones we make sure each of those memories/selfies are photographed, instagrammed, pinterested, snapchated, tweeted or more. For some of us these fantasies include vacationing like a boss babe, beach goddess or emerging from the skybridge in an outfit worthy of Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Kim Kardashian, Michelle Obama, or style milestones aka Meghan Markle or Kate Middleton.
I understand the allure of celebrity vacation fashion, trust me I do. But no matter what we do its hard to be on-point every time of every day of vacationing. Sometimes, especially if you have kids like me you need a vacation from a vacation with all the hard work of packing, unpacking, organizing and more organizing.
Don't forget to prepare for the changing temperature that is inevitable in travel, you will need layers. A practical packer, always packs versatile pieces that can be reused throughout the trip.
For a perfect travel wardrobe just follow this easy formula. You need following essentials:
- A T-shirt - soft, and loose fitting
- A warm Jacket or Cardigan in a neutral color
- Fitted Pants with Stretch like stretch-denim, leggings, or tailored joggers
- Comfortable, Stylish Shoes like smart sneakers, flats, or a low heel (if you like heels)
- A practical bag to carry all your must haves like a backpack, sling bag or a belt bag
With the essentials packed lets add some comfy yet stylish ideas to your book. So to make it easy and make the vacation more enjoyable here is a list of " 10 comfortable yet stylish travel outfits" for your resort/ cruise / any other vacation.
- Nothing beats a bohemian look that is as easy as rolling up and throwing in the suitcase (Yes, no ironing required). Super comfy, perfect for all sizes and shapes and very flattering.
2. Grab some chocolate or ice cream and enjoy it wearing the most comfortable yet cute dress while you vacation.
3. Jacket dress in stretch fabric- ever flattering, super stylish and very comfortable.
4. There is nothing more comfortable than a cotton maxi dress for a holiday, just throw one on and luxuriously lounge all day basking in the sun!
5. Hello bohemian goddess, throw on a comfy stretch cotton long dress with ruffled sleeves and adjustable back for that easy glam holiday evening look. Perfect for evening when you have to look effortlessly chic.
6. Fit and flare, this is my go to dress for "minimal effort, yet look fabulous". You see I am a mom with flawed body and a demanding toddler. I am on a constant pursuit of great coffee and effortless chic looks, and this is one of my top contenders.
7. Turn heads in this amazingly stylish yet comfortable swimsuit cover-up that doubles up as a gorgeous dress as well and dries up in a New York minute.
8. Kaftans are notoriously known for being comfortably loose and very fashionable, here is our take on Kaftan.
9. Loose cotton maxi, belt it, or don't anyways you can never go wrong, or feel uncomfy in it. A long dress can be very flattering on all body types.
10. Linen straight fit dress, belted at the waist, with ton of tassels and cute embroidery screams luxury vacation style.
Sandhya Garg is a Project Runway designer. She studied and specialized in women's fashion at London College of Fashion, UK and has worked at Alexander McQueen, Gucci, Liberty London, Alice Temperley to name a few. She has her own successful resort dresses, special occasion dresses, wedding guest looks, swim coverups label. While on Project Runway Season 13, she won 2 challenges and was fortunate to show her collection at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. The brand has been featured in Marie Claire US, Ftv.com, Elle Magazine, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Vogue online to name a few.
She designs limited edition high end printed spring dresses and swim coverups. Beautiful prints are inspired from around the world to be worn during travel, resort stay or cruise holidays.